Changing School Districts with an IEP

April 12, 2011 in Special Education Advisor Blog by Doug Goldberg

You have just moved and went to register your child with an IEP at their new School, now what?  The good news is the new School District must continue to provide your child with a Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) including services comparable to those described in the current IEP until a new IEP can be adopted.   It is important to note that “comparable” doesn’t mean exactly the same but only means that services should be similar.  The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) has slightly different procedures for Children who transfer School Districts dependent on whether they are moving within or out of State.  The exact language is listed below:  Read the rest of this entry →

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes cast)